“Bus(es)” refers to bus(es) operated by Go-Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd, SBS Transit Ltd, SMRT Buses Ltd, Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd and any other entities contracted by the Land Transport Authority of Singapore.
“Card” refers to any account-based EZ-Link card issued by EZ-Link Pte Ltd, NETS contactless ATM card issued by any bank or financial institution, Mastercard, Visa credit, debit or prepaid card (with or without contactless function) including Mobile Payment or any other payment scheme cards approved by the Land Transport Authority, for use as a means of payment for fares on Buses and Trains.
“Cardholder” refers to the person to whom the Card is issued.
“Card Issuer” refers to the bank, financial institution or corporation issuing the Card.
“CEPAS Standard” refers to the Singapore Standard for Contactless e-Purse Application.
“Mobile Payment” refers to the point-of-sale payment made by a mobile device with Near Field Communications (NFC) capabilities.
“Registered Card” refers to a Card that has been added into your TL SimplyGo Account.
“SimplyGo” refers to the period where a Card will be accepted for fare payments.
“SimplyGo System” refers to the system which enables commuters to use their Card via Mobile Payment for payment of fares on Buses and Trains.
“TL SimplyGo Account” refers to the account that you register via the TransitLink SimplyGo Portal (simplygo.com.sg) or TL SimplyGo mobile app. Upon successful creation and activation of the account, you can view travel transactions and charges imposed on the Card(s), and submit claims if there are any discrepancies in the travel transactions or billings of the linked Card(s).
“Train(s)” refers to mass rapid transit (“MRT”) and light rail transit (“LRT”).
“You” refers to the user/person who has registered for a TL SimplyGo Account.
- These terms and conditions apply to the use of a TL SimplyGo Account. By registering for a TL SimplyGo Account and/or using a Card(s) to pay for fares on Trains and Buses, you are deemed to have read, acknowledged and agreed to these terms and conditions contained herein and all other future revisions which Transit Link Pte Ltd may in its discretion update from time to time.
- You may register for a TL SimplyGo Account via the TransitLink SimplyGo Portal (www.simplygo.com.sg) or TL SimplyGo app by providing your personal details. A validation of your mobile number is mandatory for the purpose of registration. We reserve all rights to refuse any registration made pursuant to an invalid mobile number.
- You will also be required to log in to your TL SimplyGo Account and update changes to your personal details within 14 days to ensure that such details are updated timely.
- TL SimplyGo Account is personal to you and is non-transferable. You must use your personal password to access your TL SimplyGo Account. You are responsible for safekeeping and maintaining confidentiality of your password. You shall be responsible for any and all activities initiated from your TL SimplyGo Account, including any activity by authorised or unauthorised users. You agree to take reasonable measures and all due care to protect the password against misuse by third parties.
- You can add up to 10 Cards to your TL SimplyGo Account to have access to our services, including but not limited to viewing your journey and payment transaction history for up to 180 days.
- You warrant that you are the owner of the Card(s) added by you to your TL SimplyGo Account, or that you have the expressed consent of the owner to do so.
- To add a Card into your TL SimplyGo Account, you have to fill in the mandatory fields as stipulated in the TL SimplyGo Portal or mobile app.
- When adding a Mastercard or Visa credit, debit and prepaid card to the TL SimplyGo Account, you will have to undergo authentication through the payment gateway in the form of a One-Time-Password (“OTP”) sent via SMS to your mobile number registered with the Issuing Bank. This process will not apply when a NETS contactless ATM card or an account-based EZ-Link card is added to your TL SimplyGo Account.
- In the event that your Registered Card(s) is/are misplaced or lost, you are responsible for promptly contacting the relevant Card Issuer to block the relevant Registered Card(s).
- You agree that by registering for a TL SimplyGo Account and adding your account-based EZ-Link card(s), consent is given to EZ-Link Pte Ltd to send EZ-Link card details such as card balance, card expiry date and transaction history to Transit Link Pte Ltd, for the purpose of displaying such information for the registered account-based EZ-Link card(s) in your TL SimplyGo Account.
- Cardholders who wish to use Mastercard/Visa contactless cards with CEPAS (EZ-Link or NETS FlashPay) function (“Co-brand Cards”) will have to switch the payment mode of such Co-brand Cards at any General Ticketing Machine located at the Train stations.
For Mastercard/VISA card (with or without contactless function) or NETS contactless ATM card
- Any Mastercard/Visa contactless card or NETS contactless ATM card can be used to pay for Train and Bus fares. Mastercard or Visa credit, debit and prepaid cards (with or without contactless function) added to the mobile wallet can also be used to pay for Bus and Train fares. These payment methods will be accepted on all routes for both Trains and Buses.
- Card(s) with insufficient credit limit, insufficient funds and/or Card(s) that has/have been reported as lost or stolen will not be accepted for travel on Buses and Trains.
- Some mobile device models or mobile payment may not be accepted at the card readers. Please refer to the list of mobile devices and operating system versions which have been tested and accepted for use in the FAQ. If the mobile payment is not accepted, please contact the relevant mobile payment provider for further assistance.
- NETS contactless ATM cards are not supported by any mobile device for payments of Bus and Train fares.
- Upon tapping your Card or mobile device on the card reader on board a Bus and/or at the Train station gantry, you are deemed to have given valid authorisation for the fare of the trip to be charged to the Card.
- Distance based adult fares will be charged. No additional charge will be imposed when using Singapore-issued Cards for SimplyGo.
- A fare will be charged if the Card or mobile device is tapped on the card reader at the point of boarding or alighting from a Bus, or when entering or exiting a Train station gantry, regardless of whether a trip has been taken.
- If the card reader on board the Bus emits a green light with a single beep when the Card or mobile device is tapped on it, it means the Card or mobile payment has been accepted for payment. If the card reader emits a red light with two beeps when the Card or mobile device is tapped on it, it means the Card or mobile payment has been rejected.
- If the card reader at the Train station gantry emits a green light when the Card or mobile device is tapped on it, this means the Card or mobile payment has been accepted for payment. If the card reader emits a red light when the Card or mobile device is tapped on it, it means the Card or mobile payment has been rejected.
- In the event that the Card or mobile payment is rejected at the point of boarding a Bus or entering a Train station gantry (due to insufficient fund, insufficient credit limit or otherwise), you shall use an alternate form of payment for the trip or otherwise shall be disallowed to board the Bus or enter the Train gantry.
- In the event that the Card or mobile payment is rejected at the point of alighting from a Bus, you will be charged the full fare from the boarding point to the terminal stop of the bus service.
- In the event that a Card or mobile payment is rejected at the point of exit from a Train station gantry, you shall have to approach the Passenger Service Centre for assistance and will be required to use an alternate form of payment for the trip in order to exit the Train station gantry.
- You must tap the Card or mobile device on the card reader upon boarding and alighting from a Bus, or when entering and exiting a Train station gantry.
- You are required to show the Card or mobile device to the Public Transport Officials during inspection on board Buses and at Train gantries and shall comply promptly with such requests for inspection. Without limitation to the foregoing, you may be asked to tap the Card on the official’s portable card reader for inspection.
- If the Card or mobile device is not tapped properly on the card reader at the point of boarding a Bus or when entering a Train station gantry, you may be penalised for fare evasion during inspection by Public Transport Officials.
- You may experience card clashes if multiple Cards in your wallet are collectively tapped on a card reader. Card clashes may result in error messages or incorrect fares being charged. To avoid card clashes, you should ensure that only the Card to be used for payment is held in close proximity to and/or tapped on the card reader.
- You must tap the same Card or the same mobile payment mode and mobile device on the card reader at the points of boarding and alighting from a Bus, or when entering and exiting a Train station gantry.
- If 2 different Cards, mobile payment mode or mobile device were used when boarding and alighting from a Bus, you will be charged the fare from the boarding point to the terminal stop of the bus service on the Card that was tapped upon boarding as well as the fare from the first stop of the bus service to the alighting point on the other Card that was tapped upon alighting from the Bus.
- If 2 different Cards, mobile payment mode or mobile device were used when entering and existing the Train station gantry, you will be charged a flat fare for the Card that was tapped upon entry and another flat fare for the Card that was tapped upon exit.
- Upon first usage of the Card at the point of boarding a Bus or when entering a Train station gantry, an authorisation request will be sent to the Card Issuer to approve the transaction. Subsequent authorisation requests and transactions will be sent and posted on an aggregated basis.
- The amount of funds to be earmarked by the Card Issuer and thereby to be deducted from the credit/debit limit or account of the Card upon receiving the initial authorisation request shall be based on the sole discretion of the Card Issuer.
- There shall be no cap on the amount of fares or the number of commutes you can use a Card for, subject to the credit/debit limit or funds available in such Card.
- Transactions will be processed and reflected in your credit/debit card bills or bank statements, where applicable. The amount displayed in your bill or bank statement will be an aggregated amount for the relevant period of travel.
- If there are any discrepancies in the transactions recorded in your TL SimplyGo Account, you may submit a claim for fares overcharged via the TransitLink SimplyGo Portal or TL SimplyGo mobile app.
- You may retrieve your transaction history from your TL SimplyGo Account. Travel details will be available for viewing for up to 180 days from the date of such transaction.
For Account-based EZ-Link Card
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions for Account-based EZ-Link Cards on EZ-Link website.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining and using the necessary software and/or device to obtain access to your TL SimplyGo Account and shall be responsible to your mobile service provider for all data charges relating to the download/upgrades of TL SimplyGo and use of TL SimplyGo.
- Transit Link Pte Ltd reserves the right to determine that a Cardholder is not eligible to use the services of SimplyGo or to use a Card to pay for fares when travelling on the public transport system for any reason, including, but not limited to, errors or missing information in such Cardholder’s TL SimplyGo Account, suspected fraud, or a breach of these conditions.
- Transit Link Pte Ltd reserves the right to suspend or terminate your TL SimplyGo Account at any time, for any reason, and without liability to you.
- The access to and use of TL SimplyGo app is offered to you on an “as available, where available” basis. Transit Link Pte Ltd does not guarantee or represent any express or implied warranty that the app is available at all times and/or is compatible with all mobile platforms and/or software versions. The features and functionalities shall be on an “as is” basis and Transit Link Pte Ltd neither guarantees nor represent any express or implied warranty that it is free from any bugs or code errors.
- Transit Link Pte Ltd may in its sole discretion, change, add or remove any feature or functionality of TL SimplyGo app at any time without any prior notice.
- Transit Link Pte Ltd shall not be liable for telephone, electronic, hardware, software programme, network, internet, or computer malfunctions, interruptions, failures, delays, difficulties, theft, destruction, unauthorised access or errors in transmission of any information in connection with TL SimplyGo.
- By registering a TL SimplyGo Account, you consent to Transit Link Pte Ltd collecting, using, disclosing and storing your personal data as provided through registration for the purposes of administering your account, processing the transaction details of your Registered Card(s) for display and use, contacting you to provide any customer service (including but not limited to sending you via email and push notification, for information related to the use of SimplyGo or TL SimplyGo services, updates on services or important information relating to your TL SimplyGo Account, your Registered Cards) and any other purposes arising out of your usage of the TL SimplyGo app. Subject to your consent, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose your personal data to send you promotion and campaign details to promote and encourage the use of SimplyGo. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you agree and understand that it will result in your inability to continue using the TL SimplyGo App.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed, governed by and enforced under the laws of Singapore.